Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
1 bouquet garni (parsley, bay leaf and thyme)
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
16 medium shrimp, shelled
1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced thinly
4 grey shallots, chopped finely
4 lasagne noodles, cooked and drained
500 ml (2 cups) tomato sauce
75 ml (1/3 cup) 35% cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 sprigs, basil, leaves only, shredded
- Place the mussels, wine and bouquet garni in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and cook until the mussels begin to open. Remove from heat. Strain the cooking liquid and reduce it to 250 ml (1 cup). Remove the mussels from their shells and reserve separately.
- In a skillet, sear the shrimp on both sides in the olive oil. Transfer to the bowl with the shelled mussels.
- In the same skillet, wilt the fennel and shallots. Add to the bowl with the seafood.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Cut each lasagna noodle in four. Place eight pieces on the baking sheet. Divide the fennel, mussels and shrimp among the pasta pieces and cover with the remaining pieces. Refrigerate.
- Reheat the lasagne, covered, in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat the tomato sauce and stir in the cream.
- Place a few spoonfuls of hot sauce on each plate.
- Place one lasagna on each plate and spoon more sauce over it. Garnish with fresh basil.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2694