Guinea Hen with Creamy White Wine Sauce
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 lemon, halved
2 sprigs thyme
1 Guinea hen, cleaned and seasoned with salt and pepper
4 slices mild pancetta
180 ml (¾ cup) white wine
180 ml (¾ cup) 35% cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 230°C / 450°F.
- Place the lemon halves and the thyme in the cavity of the bird and tie the legs with string.
- Place the bird on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover the breast and legs with slices of pancetta. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Allow to rest on the counter for 10 minutes while you reduce the oven temperature to
- 160°C / 325°F. Continue roasting for one hour, basting every 15 minutes with a little water.
- Increase the temperature to 190°C / 375°F and continue roasting another 30 minutes, basting as above. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Boil the pan juices until almost evaporated, and deglaze the roasting pan with the wine.
- Add the cream and reduce to sauce consistency.
- Carve the bird and serve with the sauce.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2551