Grilled Zucchini Salad with Mediterranean Dressing
“This grilled zucchini salad with Mediterranean salad dressing is the perfect side dish. I also like to add summer squash, when it’s in season, for a variation, or crumbled goat cheese when I want creaminess.” —Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
- 3 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp minced fresh mint
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium lemon juiced and zested
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add salt and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a grill wok or open grill basket; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat until zucchini is crisp-tender, 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Transfer zucchini to a serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and red onion. When cooled slightly, sprinkle with mint, parsley, lemon juice and zest and feta cheese. Stir gently. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
Nutrition Facts 1 cup: 220 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 5g protein.