Grilled Vegetables with Parmesan Cheese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes
Special diet :
1 large red onion, in 1-cm / 1/2 -inch slices
8 large oyster mushrooms, each cut in 3 pieces
500 g (1 lb) asparagus spears, peeled
Extra-virgin olive oil, as required
Balsamic vinegar, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese, shaved, to taste
8 leaves, green and red lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
- Preheat the grill.
- Spear the onion slices on 2 crossed skewers to keep them in place, and put them on a platter with the mushrooms.
- On a work surface, line up the asparagus spears and separate them into 4 equal portions. Spear each portion with 2 skewers to make 4 little “picket fences.” Put them on the platter with the other vegetables.
- Brush the vegetables generously with oil and grill until done.
- Place the grilled vegetables on a serving platter and garnish with cheese.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and drizzle at the last minute with oil and vinegar.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2450