Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
4 fillets, 180 g (6 oz) each, striped bass, skin on, bones removed
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
1 lemon, juiced and zest grated
7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 large russet potatoes, washed but not peeled
Olive oil, as required
Coarse sea salt, to taste
1 lemon, in wedges
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the fish, oil, lemon zest and lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Refrigerate one hour.
- Preheat the broiler and place the rack 15 cm (6 in) from the heat.
- While the oven is preheating, brush two baking sheets with olive oil and set aside.
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes, arranging them on the baking sheets as you go. Spray the potatoes with olive oil.
- Place the baking sheets side by side under the broiler and broil 7 to 10 minutes.
- Turn, sprinkle with sea salt, and broil another 2 to 5 minutes, watching carefully, until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and set aside on the counter. This step may be completed several hours in advance.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Place the fillets, skin side down, on an oiled, perforated grill tray and grill for several minutes, brushing frequently with the marinade. Turn and grill the other side. Transfer to a heated plate, cover and set aside.
- Place the baking sheets of pre-cooked potatoes on the grill and reheat for a few minutes, shaking the sheets frequently.
- Serve the fish with the potato chips and lemon wedges.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2696