Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 kg (2 lb) whole squid, cleaned, bodies and tentacles separated
3 cloves garlic, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp) seasoned salt
1 ml (¼ tsp) ground cayenne pepper
1 lemon, juiced and zest grated
50 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
200 g (7 oz) fresh goat cheese
50 ml (¼ cup / 40 g) pine nuts, toasted
125 ml (½ cup) spinach leaves, washed, trimmed and chopped
- In a large saucepan, blanch the squid bodies and tentacles in salted water for 1 minute. Drain on paper towels and place in a sealed plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, salt, cayenne, lemon juice and zest, oil and pepper. Pour over the squid and reseal the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, pine nuts and spinach.
- Preheat the grill.
- Stuff the squid bodies with the cheese mixture and close with toothpicks
- Grill the stuffed squid and the tentacles until the flesh is opaque and seared on each side.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2464