Grilled Spiced Trout Fillets
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 5 minutes Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
4 trout fillets (125 g or 4½ oz)
1 tsp (5 mL) tamarind concentrate or ½ to 1 tsp (2-5 mL) cayenne pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh coriander
½ tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
½ tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
2 tsp (10 mL) garlic purée or crushed garlic
oil for greasing
- Put the fillets side by side in a single layer, skin side down, in a shallow non-corrosive dish.
- To make the marinade, blend the tamarind with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of hot water in a bowl. If it does not dissolve, stand the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until it does. Allow it to cool.
- Add the cayenne pepper, chopped coriander, ground coriander, cumin, garlic and salt—to taste—to the tamarind water, then pour it over the fish.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the marinade so that it covers the fillets evenly and completely. Leave them to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high. Line the grill pan with foil, then brush it with a little oil. Place the fish on the foil and grill for 5 minutes, or until the flesh flakes easily. Remove the fillets from the grill and garnish with a few sprigs of fresh coriander and the lemon wedges.
Tip: Tamarind, a sour tropical fruit, is sold in concentrated form in jars and in compressed blocks of pulp in supermarkets and Asian food shops. If you do not have any tamarind, stir the spices into 1 tbsp (15 mL) of lemon juice mixed with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of water.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2650