Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 lb (500 g) extra-large shrimp (about 20 to 24), shelled and cleaned
3 tbsp (45 mL) teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
2 tsp (10 mL) prepared wasabi (or more, to taste)
1/2 English cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced
1 tbsp (15 mL) red onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) pickled sushi ginger, chopped
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1 tsp (5 mL) hot sweet chili sauce
8 6-inch (15-cm) flour tortillas
2 cups (500 mL) romaine lettuce, shredded
- Toss shrimp with teriyaki sauce. Cook on a hot barbecue or grill pan until shrimp is opaque and starts to curl. Reserve.
- For the sauce, combine mayonnaise with wasabi.
- For the salsa, combine cucumber with onion, cilantro and ginger. Dice avocado and add to the mix. Add salt and chili sauce. Mash together slightly.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in a 300°F (150°C) oven for 15 minutes, or until warm and easy to roll.
- To assemble, arrange tortillas on a work surface. Drizzle the centre of each tortilla with about
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sauce. Arrange 2 or 3 shrimp across the centre of each. Top with salsa and shredded lettuce.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:3793