Grilled Scampi with Pasta
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
125 ml (½ cup) mayonnaise
45 ml (3 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
15 ml (1 tbsp) hot mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
50 ml (¼ cup) basil leaves, shredded
125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek sauce
10 ml (2 tsp) honey
16 scampi, butterflied
75 ml (⅓ cup) butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
45 ml (3 tbsp) parsley, chopped finely
45 ml (3 tbsp) chives, sliced thinly
225 g (½ lb) angel’s hair pasta, cooked al dente
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 lemon wedges
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce and divide among four small dishes (ramequins). Refrigerate.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Brush the scampi with butter and place on the grill shell side up. Grill, turning occasionally, until the flesh is slightly opaque. Place on a heated platter and cover for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the butter and wilt the garlic, parsley and chives for 2 minutes. Add the pasta and sauté to coat well and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide among four heated plates.
- Top with the scampi and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2611