Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
Olive oil, as required
4 thin slices , prosciutto
50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
45 ml (3 tbsp) champagne vinegar
1 grey shallot, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp fresh tarragon, minced
5 ml (1 tsp) dried tomato pesto
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
50 ml (1/4 cup)balsamic vinegar
10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
24 mediums scallops, trimmed
8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
500 ml (2 cups) mesclun (gourmet salad greens)
- Brush the prosciutto slices with oil.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet and brown the prosciutto on both sides until crisp, flattening with a spatula during cooking. Transfer to paper towels and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar and sugar, then reduce until syrupy. Set aside at room temperature.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Thread six scallops on two parallel skewers. Repeat with remaining scallops and skewers.
- Spray the kebabs with oil and grill, turning once, until the scallops are just opaque.
- Remove from grill and place on four heated plates.
- Spoon some of the vinaigrette over the scallops, drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve with the mesclun and prosciutto slices.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2615