Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
125 ml (1/2 cup) red onion, sliced
180 ml (3/4 cup) flat parsley, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
180 ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
2 lemons, juiced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 sardines, 90 g (3 oz) each, boned, opened and slightly flattened
4 green onions, in 5 cm (2 inch) sections
- In a bowl, combine all but the last two ingredients. Set aside.
- Lay the sardines on a work surface and season with salt and pepper. Place a section of green onion across the head end and roll up, from head to tail, skin side out. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow dish, pour the marinade over the sardines and let sit 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill.
- Drain the sardines and pour the marinade into an aluminum-foil “pocket.” Grill the sardines for a few minutes on each side. While the sardines are cooking, heat the marinade in its sealed foil pocket.
- Serve sardines hot with the marinade.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2461