Number of servings : 4
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet : | Heart Health
1 ½ cups strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
2 tbsp chopped red onion
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
½ tbsp honey
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
4 salmon filets (approx. 8oz each)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Mix strawberries, onion, lime juice, ginger, and honey in a small bowl.
2. Set aside for flavours to combine.
3. Oil salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Grill on barbecue over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side. (Alternatively, sauté in large sauce pan for 2 to 3 minutes per side.)
5. Transfer to serving platter. Add basil and cilantro to strawberry mixture. Spoon over salmon.