Grilled Quail with Gremolada
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
12 quail, trimmed
60 ml (4 tbsp) fresh thyme leaves
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh rosemary leaves
6 cloves, garlic, thinly sliced
125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
1 lemon, zest grated
60 ml (4 tbsp) parsley, chopped finely
1 clove, garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Using kitchen shears, cut the quail along the breast bone, open up like a book and flatten.
- In a large bowl, combine the thyme, rosemary, garlic, oil and wine. Add the quail and stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours.
- Combine the lemon zest, parsley and minced garlic to make the gremolata. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Season the quail with salt and pepper and grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest on a heated platter for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the gremolata and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2687