Grilled Flank Steak With Orange Mint Vinaigrette
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
15 ml (1 tbsp) cracked black peppercorns
5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
Salt, to taste
1 flank steak, 1 kg (2 lb)
75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
1 orange, juiced and zest grated
45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh mint, snipped
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine the pepper, oregano, brown sugar and salt. Rub the meat with the mixture and let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the grill.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Sear the steak over high heat for 3 minutes on each side to seal in the juices. Using tongs, turn again and grill about 8 minutes more for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil. Let sit 8 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- Slice the steak thinly, keeping the knife on the diagonal.
- Serve drizzled with the vinaigrette.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2474