Number of servings :
Cooking time: Ready in under 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes
Special diet :
4 large heads of white endive
4 tablespoons olive oil
1⁄2 lb (230g) cooked beet
3 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the grill. Rinse and dry the endive, then trim the heads and remove any damaged outer leaves. Cut the heads of endive in half, lengthwise.
- Put the halves on the grill rack, cut sides down, brush with some of the olive oil and grill for 5 minutes, about 4in. (10cm) away from the heat. Turn them over, brush with the remaining olive oil and grill for 3 minutes more until the edges begin to char.
- Meanwhile, slice the beet into thin discs and set them aside.
- To make the orange and mustard dressing, squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from the orange and stir it into the mayonnaise, then stir in the wholegrain mustard.
- Remove the endive from the grill. Arrange it, cut sides up, around a serving dish, like the spokes of a wheel. Spoon the orange and mustard dressing on top and lay the sliced beet in between.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1786