Grandma’s Baked Ham Salad Sandwiches
“This ham salad is another tried-and-true recipe I found in my grandma’s recipe box. I love seeing her handwriting on faded notecards.” —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet pickles
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 onion rolls split
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ham and pickles in a food processor; pulse until almost smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in eggs, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spread 1/2 cup over each roll bottom; replace tops. Wrap each in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes.
1 sandwich: 338 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 971mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fibre), 21g protein.