Gluten-Free Cranberry Walnut Stuffing
Accented with seasonal cranberries, fresh sage and crunchy walnuts, this holiday recipe will leave you and your family coming back for more.
- 1 tbsp olive oil to coat casserole dish
- 1 Juice of 1 small orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups whole cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 loaf gluten-free bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium celery stalks diced small
- 1/2 cup onion diced small
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 10 fresh sage leaves minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lightly coat a large casserole dish with a little olive oil. In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice and water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the cranberries and simmer over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Set aside.
- Place the gluten-free bread in a large bowl. Add cranberries, 2 tbsp of the liquid, stock, celery, onion, walnuts, sage, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir gently to combine and transfer to the prepared casserole.
- Drizzle the olive oil over and bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through and golden and crispy on top.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.