Gemelli With Cauliflower
This easy-to-make is rich, creamy, and has a little bit of spice. It’s sure to satisfy your pasta fix.
Number of servings : 4-6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
450 g (1 lb) gemelli
1 L (4 cups) cauliflower florets
45 ml (3 tbsp) unsalted butter
1 medium onion, chopped
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
1 ml (¼ tsp) nutmeg
30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, minced
250 ml (1 cup / 4 oz) bocconcini cheese, sliced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook the gemelli al dente according to package directions. Drain without rinsing and set aside.
- In a saucepan filled with boiling, salted water, blanch the cauliflower for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes until well browned. Add the onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cream and nutmeg. Reduce the sauce over medium heat until it thickens, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chives, gemelli and cheese to the pan and heat while stirring gently to coat the pasta well.
- Serve immediately.