Fusili with Mushrooms, Leek and Bacon
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
225 g (2 cups) mixed mushrooms (white, oyster, shiitake) sliced thinly
1 leek, sliced
150 g (5 oz) bacon, diced
1 red pepper, diced finely
125 ml (½ cup) vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
350 g (¾ lb) fusilli
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
60 g (½ cup) Friulano or Mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a saucepan, sauté the sliced mushrooms in the olive oil and butter over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the leek, bacon and red pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot, cook the fusilli in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Add the thyme and parsley and toss gently. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2325