Fusili with Marinated Vegetables
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
75 ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh oregano, minced
500 ml (2 cups) eggplant, diced
500 ml (2 cups) zucchini, diced
750 ml (3 cups) green and red bell peppers, sliced
500 ml (2 cups) cremini (café) mushrooms, sliced
450 g (1 lb) fusilli
150 g (1/3 lb) mozzarella, diced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Set aside 30 ml / 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except the fusilli and the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, toss well and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Pour the vegetables and the marinade onto a baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large pot, cook the fusilli al dente, following package directions. Drain, rinse and add to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Add the cheese and reserved vinegar, season to taste and toss well.
- Serve chilled.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2456