Frosty Lemonade Pie
“Crushed lemon sandwich cookies give this creamy pie extra flavour. It’s a wonderful dessert to store in the freezer for nights when you need a low-sugar treat in a hurry.” —Emma Overby, East Prairie, Mississippi
Taste of Home
- 1 package fat-free cream cheese 8 ounces
- 1 tub sugar-free lemonade soft drink mix 0.5 ounce
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix 1 ounce
- 1 carton frozen fat-free whipped topping thawed, 8 ounces
- 10 sugar-free lemon sandwich cookies crushed
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust 9 inches
- lemon slices optional
- fresh mint leaves optional
- Beat cream cheese and drink mix until smooth. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 1-1/2 minutes (mixture will be very thick). Beat into cream cheese mixture. Beat in a third of the whipped topping. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons cookie crumbs; fold remaining crumbs into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Freeze, covered, until firm, 4-5 hours. Remove from freezer 15-30 minutes before serving. If desired, top with lemon slices and mint.
This recipe was tested with Crystal Light lemonade soft drink mix. One container (2.5 ounces) contains five tubs.
1 piece: 257 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fibre), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.