Frittata with Swiss Chard
A frittata is a great way to make a satisfying dinner with what’s left in your fridge. Add in some swiss chard for a meal that’s rich in nutrients.
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 oz Swiss chard chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers pickled, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 200 g mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and fry the onion until transparent. Add the chard and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, peppers, mozzarella and chard mixture.
- Spray 8 muffin tins with olive oil. Divide mixture evenly among the eight cups.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until the frittata is set and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and preheat the broiler.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Unmold and serve hot.