Fresh Pear Ginger Crisp
“Gingersnaps lend crunch to my heartwarming cool-weather classic, featuring the season’s juiciest fruit—pears.” —Linda Robertson, Cozad, Nebraska
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|9servings||15minutes + chilling||35minutes|
|9servings||15minutes + chilling|
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 7 medium pears (about 2-1/2 lb), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- vanilla ice cream optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. With clean hands, work butter into oat mixture until well combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place pears in a small bowl; add flour and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 268 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.