Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 fillets, 85 g (3 oz each) plaice, skin removed
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 onion, chopped
90 ml (6 tbsp) olive oil
400 g (14 oz) eggplant, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can, 398 ml (14 oz) whole Italian plum tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
16 small pimento-stuffed green manzanilla olives
15 ml (1 tbsp) capers, drained
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- On a work surface, season the fish and roll up, skin side in. Secure with toothpicks and set aside.
- In an ovenproof saucepan, wilt the onion in the oil. Add the eggplant and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and capers and continue cooking, uncovered, over medium heat, for 10 minutes. Place the fish rolls on top of the sauce.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the toothpicks.
- Serve the fish rolls on a bed of caponata.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2523