Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 can, 398 ml (14 oz) black olives, pitted
125 ml (1/2 cup) basil leaves, rinsed and dried
3 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely
75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
454 g (1 lb) medium farfalle
50 ml (1/4 cup) green onions, sliced thinly
45 ml (3 tbsp) white wine
6 sprigs fresh basil
- In a food processor, prepare the olivada by puréeing the olives, basil, garlic and 50 ml (1/4 cup) of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, cook the farfalle al dente according to package instructions. Drain the pasta but do not rinse. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
- In a hot skillet, sauté the green onions for 30 seconds in the remaining olive oil. Add the wine and reduce for a few seconds. Add the olivada and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the pasta and toss well.
- Garnish with sprigs of basil.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2420