Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 small onion, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
50 ml (1/4 cup) white wine
340 g (11 oz / 3 large) beets, cooked al dente, peeled and diced
250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
450 g (1 lb) farfalle
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 lemon, juiced, and the zest finely grated
50 ml (1/4 cup) fresh basil, shredded
Blue cheese, diced, to taste
6 sprigs fresh basil
- In a large saucepan, wilt the onion in the butter, add the wine and reduce by half.
- Add the beets and the cream and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta al dente, following package directions. Drain, add to the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and the shredded basil, tossing gently to combine.
- Serve immediately on heated plates, garnished with a spoonful of cheese and some basil.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2562