Impress your guests with these traditional French sponge cake-like cookies.
Photo: Edmund Rek & Dawn Woodward, Owners & Founders of Evelyn's Crackers
- Melt in small pot over low heat and remove: butter, brown sugar and honey.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Measure out sugar and set aside.
- In mixer, whisk the eggs until double in volume. Slowly add sugar and whisk on high speed until very thick and tripled in volume.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients.
- Once incorporated, fold in melted butter.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Fill Madeleine molds with 1 tablespoon of filling. Top with 7-10 wild blueberries.
- Bake 375 for 12-15 minutes in silicone Madeleine molds. Rotate halfway through baking for even baking.