Number of servings : Yields 10 pieces
Prep time: 10
Cooking time: Ready in under 30 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
5 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
1 can tuna, drained
3 tbsp low-calorie mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tbsp finely chopped celery
Salt, to taste
10 tortilla chips (triangle-shaped)
1. Drain canned tuna and place contents in a mixing bowl.
2. Add mayonnaise and celery. Mash all of the ingredients together.
Egg and Tuna Schooners
1. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks; set whites aside. Mash yolks with a fork.
2. Break up tuna with a fork. Add egg yolks, mayonnaise or salad dressing, celery, and salt to taste.
3. Fill the egg white halves with tuna salad mixture.
4. To make each “sailboat”, place a tortilla chip in the tuna mixture to resemble sail.
Fun tip: Don’t feel like tuna? You could also use salmon, chicken, crab or egg salad filling or devilled eggs to make these sailboats.