Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
30 ml (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, chopped
796 ml (3 1/2 cups) canned tomatoes, crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
20 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) dried oregano
5 ml (1 tsp) dried basil
300 g (10 oz) pizza dough (see Basic Pizza Dough recipe)
120 g (1/4 lb) salami, sliced
120 g (1/4 lb) capicollo, sliced
240 g (2 cups) Mozzarella, grated
1 small onion, thinly sliced
240 g (8 oz) smoked meat
125 ml (1/2 cup) stuffed green olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 225°C/450°F.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Add the oregano, the basil and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- While the sauce is cooking, roll out pizza dough into a 36-cm (14-in.) circle. Place on an oiled pizza pan, using your fingers, build up a slight edge all around.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza dough. Arrange the sliced salami and capicollo, grated cheese and sliced onions over the top. Roll up the smoked meat slices an arrange on the pizza, along with the olives.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
Variation: Pieces of bacon and slices of fennel-flavoured hot Italian sausage make delicious additions.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2316