Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
11⁄3 cups chicken
or vegetable stock
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons plain ﬂour
2 tablespoons mild curry powder
11⁄2 lb (680g) boneless,
skinless chicken breasts
A small handful of fresh coriander
2 level tablespoons seedless raisins
3 tablespoons (25g) ﬂaked almonds
2 tablespoons natural yogurt
2 tablespoons heavy cream
Salt and black pepper
- Put the stock on to boil. Peel and chop the onion and garlic and fry gently in the oil in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Mix the ﬂour and curry powder in a large bowl, then cut the chicken into 1in. (2.5cm) cubes and toss them in the mixture until evenly coated. Add the chicken and ﬂour mixture to the pan and fry, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Rinse, dry, and chop enough coriander to give 1 tablespoon and reserve a little for a garnish. Add the rest to the chicken with the raisins and hot stock. Bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan. Squeeze the juice from the half lemon and set it aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the almonds, lemon juice, yogurt, cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Reheat very gently, but do not allow it to boil. Garnish with the reserved coriander.
Serving suggestion: Serve with rice, cooked while the chicken is simmering.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1166