Crispy Risotto Cakes
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
625 ml (2½ cups) cold risotto with Parmesan
30 ml (2 tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon zest
2 eggs, separated
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Olive oil for frying, as required
- In a bowl, combine the risotto, herbs, lemon zest and egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold gently into the first mixture in two batches.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat a little oil over medium-low heat. Pour 3 patties of batter into the pan, using 50 ml (¼ cup) of the mixture for each one. Fry about 5 minutes on each side until crispy and golden. Repeat, making 3 at a time until all the batter has been used. You may add a little oil, if necessary.
- Arrange all the patties in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until sizzling.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2413