Chicken Scallops With Pesto and Tomatoes
Tender chickens breasts are the main ingredient in this dish. A sweet combination of wine, tomatoes and basil pesto adds some delicious flavours.
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
8 x 60 g (8 x 2 oz) chicken scallops
60 ml (¼ cup) basil pesto
Salt and pepper to taste
75 ml (⅓ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
2 French shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
180 ml (¾ cup) white wine
375 ml (1 ½ cups) canned Italian tomatoes, diced
125 ml (½ cup) Parmesan cheese, shaved
125 ml (½ cup) Goat cheese, shaved
Fresh basil leaves, snipped to taste
- Brush chicken scallops on both sides with pesto. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and butter together. Brown chicken on both sides over medium heat. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Pour the 30 ml (2 tbsp) of oil into the pan, then add shallots and chopped garlic. Deglaze with the wine, reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook another ten minutes.
- Add chicken and cooking juices to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with the two cheeses and snipped basil.