Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
250 ml (1 cup / 150 g) black olives, pitted
1 2-kg (4-lb) chicken
15 ml (1 tbsp) fennel seeds, crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
6 slices mild pancetta
180 ml (3/4 cup) dry white wine
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, cover the olives with cold water, bring to a boil then remove the olives and drain well.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the olives and fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper, sew or skewer closed and place on a rack in a small roasting pan. Cover the breast and thighs with slices of pancetta.
- Pour half the wine over the chicken and roast 30 minutes. Pour the remaining wine and the chicken stock over the chicken every 15 minutes thereafter, for a total roasting time of 2 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a heated serving platter, cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to rest 10 minutes on the counter.
- Cut the chicken in 4 or 6 pieces and arrange them on the platter. Combine the olives with the juices in the roasting pan and pour over the chicken. Serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2445