Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1½ lbs (750 g) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes and pounded thin
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil or butter
1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped
½ lb (250 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
½ cup (125 mL) dry Marsala
½ cup (125 mL) chicken stock
1 tbsp (15 mL) parsley, freshly chopped
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour. (Discard any excess flour.)
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet. Brown chicken (about two minutes on each side). Cook chicken in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. As chicken is browned, remove to a platter.
- For sauce, return skillet to heat. Add shallots and mushrooms. Add more oil, if necessary. Cook until any liquid (from mushrooms) in pan evaporates.
- Add Marsala, then bring to a boil. Scrape off any bits of chicken or solidified juices stuck to bottom of the pan and mix into the sauce. Add stock and continue to cook until reduced by about half.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat thoroughly. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:4175