Chicken & Goat Cheese Skillet
“My husband was completely bowled over by this on-a-whim skillet meal. I can’t wait to make it again very soon!” —Ericka Barber, Eureka, California
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 plum tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons herbed fresh goat cheese crumbled
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- additional goat cheese optional
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add asparagus to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, milk and 2 tablespoons cheese; cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken. Serve with rice. If desired, top with additional cheese.
1-1/2 cups chicken mixture: 251 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fibre), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.