Cheddar Mashed Cauliflower
“Want an alternative to mashed potatoes? Try cauliflower jazzed up with cheddar cheese and rosemary.” —Chrystal Baker, Studio City, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 medium heads cauliflower broken into florets
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper optional
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cover and cook until tender, 5-10 minutes. Drain. Mash cauliflower with the milk, rosemary and salt. Stir in cheese until melted. If desired, top with additional fresh rosemary and coarsely ground black pepper.
3/4 cup: 122 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.