February is Heart Month, and this easy-to-make Chana Masala recipe from Becel® proves that managing your heart health can be delicious too.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 tbsp Becel® Buttery Taste margarine
- 2 zucchini halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 can tomato sauce no salt added
- 1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cans chickpeas or garbanzos rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt nonfat plain
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan and cook onion and zucchini until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minutes. Stir in spices and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in chickpeas. Simmer covered until heated through, about 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Serve dolloped with Greek yogurt.
1 serving consists of 240 calories (80 calories from fat), 9 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium and 37 g total carbs.