Number of servings : 10
Prep time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 40 min.
Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes
Special diet : | Vegetarian
Ingredients for Candied-Ginger Sweet Potatoes:
- 4 pounds (2 kg) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup 1/3 cup (75 mL) crystallized ginger, chopped 1/3 cup (75 mL) apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
Directions for Candied-Ginger Sweet Potatoes:
- Place sweet potatoes in a 15 x 10 x 1-in. (38 x 25 x 2.5 cm) baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450°F (230°C) for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Pour over sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender.