“After sampling these tender cookies in a specialty store, I knew I had to duplicate them. My version has lots of toffee bits and butterscotch chips. I give away dozens as home-baked gifts.” —Sandra McKenzie, Braham, MN
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. fluted round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
1 cookie: 76 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.