Butterscotch-Pecan Bread Pudding
“Bread pudding fans just might hoard this yummy butterscotch version. Toppings like whipped cream and a butterscotch drizzle make this dessert absolutely irresistible.” —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 9 cups cubed day-old white bread (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and butterscotch ice cream topping
- Place bread, pecans and butterscotch chips in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Pour over bread mixture; stir gently to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low until a knife inserted in centre comes out clean, 3-4 hours. Serve warm with whipped cream and butterscotch topping.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream and butterscotch topping): 502 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.