Broccoli-Chicken Rice Soup
“I transformed leftover chicken and rice into this tasty soup. It even passed the company test.” —Karen Reed, Middletown, Ohio
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans chicken broth (14-1/2 oz. each)
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound processed cheese (e.g. Velveeta) cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- In a Dutch oven, combine milk, broth and dressing mix; bring to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in process cheese until melted. Add rice and chicken; heat through, stirring occasionally.
1-2/3 cups: 442 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1571mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fibre), 28g protein.