Brie & Leek Tartlets
Impress your guests with these one-bite flaky pastry delights.
- 1 medium leek white portion only, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz filo tart shells frozen miniature size
- 2 oz brie cheese rind removed
- To taste salt
- To taste white pepper
- To taste ground nutmeg
- In a small skillet, sauté leek in butter until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place tart shells on baking sheet. Slice cheese into 15 pieces. Place one piece in each shell and top each with 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) of leek mixture.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers.