Breakfast Salad with Poached Eggs and Smoked Salmon
Salad isn’t just for lunch anymore! This breakfast salad with eggs and smoked salmon is a nutrient-rich dish for any time of the day.
- 1 lb baby new potatoes halved
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 8 oz smoked salmon sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tarragon chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 eggs
- Cook potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well. Cool slightly.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Add potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar, mustard, honey and salt. Whisk in olive oil. Stir in tarragon.
- Just before serving, fill a deep skillet with water, bring to a boil and add vinegar. Break eggs into a bowl and slip into water, one at a time. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until whites are set and yolks are still liquid. Lift eggs out of water with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Trim off any scraggly edges.
- Toss salad and potatoes with dressing. Divide among four plates. Top each serving with two slices of smoked salmon and one or two eggs. Serve immediately.