Number of servings :
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet : | Vegetarian
Small heads baby bok choy
2 medium carrots
4 spring onions (scallions)
200 g firm tofu (smoked variety, if available)
2 small red chilies, or to taste
3 tablespoons peanut oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1¼ teaspoon grated lemon peel
Pinch of soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, for garnish
- Cut bok choy into thin strips. Score five narrow grooves lengthwise along each carrot. Slice carrots into thin rounds to create flower–shaped disks.
- Finely dice white parts of spring onions. Cut green parts into thin rings. Distribute bok choy, carrots and spring onions among serving plates.
- Cut tofu into small cubes. Halve chilies lengthwise and discard seeds. Dice chilies finely.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil, all the lime juice, soy sauce, ground ginger, lemon peel, sugar and a little salt in a bowl until combined. Stir in chilies. Drizzle over salad.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add tofu and fry until golden brown on all sides. Add peanuts and cook briefly, stirring. Add tofu and peanuts at once to salad. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:901