Black Forest Upside-Down Cake
“The divine flavours of this simple Black Forest cake will impress your guests and leave you with many requests for the recipe!” —Kimberly Campbell, Wheeling, West Virginia
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz.)
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon pie filling into a greased 12-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until blended. Gently beat in eggs. Pour over pie filling. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If needed, spoon cherries from pan over cake. Top with whipped cream.
1 slice: 321 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fibre), 4g protein.