Number of servings :
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 lb (500 g) rib eye or strip loin grilling steak (or inside or outside round marinating steak)
1 cup (250 mL) low-fat raspberry, huckleberry, or balsamic vinaigrette dressing
¼ cup (50 mL) sugar
½ cup (125 mL) pecan pieces
Steak spice, to taste
1 bag (283 g) washed and trimmed fresh spinach
4 oz (125 g) Mascarpone, Chèvre, Ricotta or other cream cheese
- Marinate steak with ½ cup (125 mL) salad dressing in resealable freezer bag (10-15 minutes for Grilling Steak/12 hours for Marinating Steak). Discard marinade.
- Candy-coat pecans by heating with sugar for 2 minutes in heavy frying pan over high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is melted and becomes golden and syrupy. Be careful not to burn pecans. Immediately remove pan from heat and use 2 forks to scoop the candied pecans onto a plate covered with waxed paper to cool. (This whole process takes only 3-4 minutes and requires caution.)
- Season steak with your favorite steak spice and BBQ for approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side, to desired doneness. Cut steak in thin slices across the grain.
- Just before serving, toss spinach with ½ cup (125 mL) salad dressing. Place on plates and top with slices of cooked steak, crumbled cream cheese, and pecans.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2640