Baked Trout with Cucumber Sauce
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
750 g new potatoes, washed and quartered lengthwise
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 sprigs fresh tarragon
4 small whole trout, about 300 g each, cleaned
pepper to taste
1 orange, cut into 8 slices
1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
4 tablespoons orange juice
1⁄2 cup baby arugula leaves to garnish
200 g cucumber
150 g plain low-fat yogourt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC) and put 2 baking sheets in the oven to heat. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and pour over enough boiling water to cover them. Bring back to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pan.
- Drizzle the oil over the potatoes and toss them quickly to coat. Spread them out on one of the hot baking sheets and roast for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and roast for another 10 minutes, then turn them again and roast for a further 5 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, tuck the sprigs of tarragon inside the trout with some pepper. Cut out 4 squares of foil, each large enough to wrap up a fish. Cut the orange and lemon slices in half. Divide half the orange and lemon slices among the foil squares, lay the fish on top and cover with the remaining fruit slices. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon orange juice over each fish. Wrap up the foil to enclose the fish completely, twisting the ends to seal. Place the parcels on the second hot baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the fish and potatoes are cooking, make the cucumber sauce. Grate the cucumber, place it in a sieve and press to squeeze out any liquid. Mix together the cucumber, yogourt and mint, and season with pepper.
- Arrange the fish, orange and lemon slices and roasted potatoes on individual warm plates. Add a garnish of baby arugula and serve with the cucumber sauce.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:1741