Baked Smothered Pork Chops
“One bite of these baked smothered pork chops and we could taste the care Mother put into her cooking. She was happy to share the recipe with guests who requested it after trying this delicious dish at our house.” —Nancy Duty, Jacksonville, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops 3/4-inch thick and 8 ounces each
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream divided
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1 can french-fried onions divided, 2.8 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, 1 at a time, and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine soup, 1/2 cup sour cream, broth, ginger and rosemary; pour over chops. Sprinkle with half the onions.
- Cover and bake until tender, 45-50 minutes. Stir remaining sour cream into sauce. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake, uncovered, until onions are browned, about 10 minutes longer.
1 pork chop: 628 calories, 40g fat (14g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1074mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 40g protein.