Baked Apple Slices
“Nothing beats these tender baked apple slices over ice cream for satisfying harvest flavour. This old-fashioned treat gives a new twist to traditional baked apples. They are also excellent served over waffles or with ham. I make sure to save room for dessert!” —Linda Gaido, New Brighton, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4servings||10minutes||45minutes + cooling|
|45minutes + cooling|
- 3 large tart apples peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts or raisins
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cider, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; pour over apples. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, until apples are tender, 45-60 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
1 serving: 510 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 4g fibre), 3g protein.