Asparagus with Asiago Cheese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Side Dishes | Side Dishes
Special diet :
1 kg (2 lb) asparagus, trimmed and peeled
45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
300 ml (1 1/3 cups /150 g) Asiago cheese, grated
- In a saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the asparagus several minutes until al dente.
- Drain and plunge immediately into ice water to cool.
- Remove from the water and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the asparagus and reheat, shaking the pan frequently to coat well with butter.
- Transfer to a heated serving plate.
- Sprinkle the Asiago over the asparagus and cover the plate with aluminum foil to melt the cheese.
- Uncover and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2697